All Freelance Writing Weekly Roundup – April 6, 2012
I love Fridays. I’m technically off of work (although lately I’ve been trying to post these updates in the morning). And I can’t wait to go spend some time outside to enjoy the fresh air as soon as it warms up a bit. Are you finishing up your work week too, or do you work through the weekends?
If you’re ready for a break, maybe you’d like to catch up on some reading or chat chat with other freelancers. And that’s where our weekly roundups come in. Here are some of the forum discussions and posts you might have missed in the last week.
From the Writing Forums
- What’s Your Morning Routine?
- Freelancers: Do You Sell More Than Your Services?
- The Domain Squatter Dilemma
From the Blog
From the Web
- 8 Things I Learned Analyzing My Yearly Freelance Writing Expenses — by Michelle Rafter at WordCount
- Your Favorite Ideas for Writing Ergonomics, Aesthetics, Functionality, and Work/Life Philosophies, Please… — by Peter Bowerman at The Well-Fed Writer
- Do as I Say, Not as I Do — by Cathy Miller at Words on the Page
- You Ask, I Answer: How Can I Find Niche Markets? — by Linda Formichelli at The Renegade Writer
- Freelance Writing — How to Break In — by Anne Wayman at About Freelance Writing
- 3 Content Marketing Tips for Building Your Client Prospect List – by Andrew Fingerman at Freelance Switch
From the Archives
- 5 Tips for Becoming a Happier and More Productive Freelance Writer
- Writing When You Just Can’t Write Anymore
- Demand Studios: Beyond the Rate Debate
- Free One Page Project Planner
- Freelance Writers: How to Prioritize Your Own Projects
Fri, 06 Apr 2012 12:57:05 GMT
Northeast Cobb E-Commerce | Walsenburg E-Commerce | Gilbert E-Commerce | Minneapolis E-Commerce | Navi Mumbai E-Commerce | Fort Collins E-Commerce | Kolkata E-Commerce | Atlanta E-Commerce | St George E-Commerce | McKinney E-Commerce |
Update 2: The category links are now working properly. It was apparently an issue with the upgrade of my WordPress installation and otherwise unrelated to the server move. Whew! I think we’re finally fully up and running again. :) Update: With furth
Just a heads up. I’m running some maintenance and optimization on this blog this week to prepare for a move to a new server. During that time some features will be deactivated while I test resource loads they cause (also to prep for the final plugin
Do you ever feel flustered under the pressure of your freelance work? Do you have a client who sometimes drives you crazy? Do you fear losing a gig because you don’t know where the next one will come from? Do you constantly worry about money because
Need Freelance Writer Market? Check out our member profiles:
Writing basics: how to write a lead
The lead is one of the main building blocks of writing. Here are 7 types of leads, all of which w
Is the Age of the Comment Really Past?
Tweet Recently, I read a blog post about how that particular blog had eliminated comments. The chang
7+ Classic Secrets to Persuasive Freelancing
What if you could get others to agree to your point of view more often? Wouldn’t your freelanc
Recommended reading for Nov. 18 – Occupy Portland photo
To do great writing, read great writing. Here’s the great writing I’ve been reading this
Blog Stories: Another 1,000-post blogger shares her success
In the latest chapter of this continuing series, financial writer Susan Weiner shares an inside l
Freelance Writer Market Articles