All Freelance Writing Weekly Roundup – February 3, 2012
Happy Friday everyone! Today we kick off our new weekly roundup series (similar to our old Freelance Friday series, but more good stuff). Here’s the gist. At the end of each week I’ll publish a list of things you might have missed this week — our writing forum daily discussions, other interesting discussions from the forum, recent posts here on the blog, other posts I’ve been reading from around the Web, and sometimes I’ll highlight a few oldies but goodies that you may have missed or forgotten about.
From the Writing Forums
- How do You Set Your E-book Prices?
- Business Bank Accounts
- What Accounting Software do You Use?
- What Gets You Through Your Work Day?
- How do You Approach Website and Blog Design?
From the Blog
- Freelance Writers: Stand Up for Your Rates – by LaToya Irby
- Messy Subjects and Verbs – by Rebecca Garland
From the Web
- Fair Wages for Freelance Writing – Melanie Brooks at Freelance Switch
- 6 Freelance Writing Fears and How to Overcome Them – Anne Wayman at About Freelance Writing
- You Are a Better Writer Than You Think You Are – Laura Spencer at Writing Thoughts
- Plan a Marketing Strategy for Your Freelance Career – Jake Rocheleau at Freelance Folder
- How the 80-20 Rule Affects Freelance Writers – John Soares at Productive Writers
- 5 Steps to Freelance Awesomeness – Steph Auteri at WordCount
- Putting the Customer Back into Customer Service – Lori Widmer at Words on the Page
- 10 Ways to Ensure No One Will Read Your Blog Content – Ali Luke at Daily Blog Tips
From the Archives
- Free Business Resources for Freelance Writers
- How to Build a Writer Platform and Make Jobs Come to You
- 3 Types of Business Writing That Pay Big Money
- How to Insulate Yourself From Bad Freelance Clients
- Think Twice About Writing for Revenue Share
Fri, 03 Feb 2012 12:48:00 GMT
Tags: freelance, freelance writers, freelance writing, Freelancing, General, weekly roundup, writing forum,
Atlanta E-Commerce | Anaheim-Santa Ana-Garden Grove E-Commerce | McKinney E-Commerce | Northeast Cobb E-Commerce | Gilbert E-Commerce | Kolkata E-Commerce | Minneapolis E-Commerce | Fort Collins E-Commerce | Navi Mumbai E-Commerce | Walsenburg E-Commerce |
The image-sharing social network can help contract workers find new gigs. Here's how.
The following is a guest post from Lori Widmer of Words on the Page. Four years ago this week I decided I couldn’t take it anymore. I started my own hissy-fit inspired movement – Writers Worth Day – which has …
While I don’t usually do this (so please don’t ask) today I want to share a quick announcement about an upcoming teleclass that some of our readers might be interested in. This call-in class comes from two successful freelance writers …
This week we’re running a five-post series for writers looking to leave content mills like Demand Media Studios behind them. Yesterday we took a look at three types of freelance writing jobs you can pursue, starting today. If you’re considerin
Writing in itself is probably not a difficult job, except when it comes to writing for money (especially if you…
There are many myths being circulated about freelance writing. Unless you’re extremely familiar with what a freelance writer actually does, you could easily get sucked into believing one of these myths. What are some of the most common myths about f
Need Freelance Writer Market? Check out our member profiles:
Surprise! Freelancers Aren’t Really Alone
The lone freelancer, huddled over a keyboard day after day in an empty home office… He, or she
3 Types of Business Writing That Pay Big Money
Business writing gigs can be some of the most lucrative writing work you’ll ever take on. You
How to Become an Irresistible Freelancer
Have you ever thought about how “irresistible” you are as a freelancer? When you’r
Can Freelancers Benefit from Learning a Second Language?
Freelancers face an increasingly global marketplace. Unless you work with local clients only, chance
A Roger Ebert tribute
In memoriam: some of my favorites from and about the late movie critic and consumate newspaperman
Freelance Writer Market Articles