9 Top Reasons Why Writers Should Blog + Contest
You know I believe you should have your own website or blog as a self-promotion tool – reason #1 below – but there are some darn good reasons why you might want to create a blog about something else.
- Using blog software you can create a website promoting yourself without a designer and that’s easy to change.
- A blog can bring great discipline to writing – something every successful writer needs
- Blogging can give you a way to talk to the world about things that are important. My WhenGrandMotherSpeaks is a classic example of this.
- You can establish yourself as an expert with a blog – on just about anything.
- Blogs are ideal for writers building a marketing platform.
- Blogs can occasionally lead to book publishing – it’s worked for both Jonathan Fields and for Darren Rowse (ProBlogger.net) and others.
- Clients who want your expertise are likely to find your blog in that niche if you’re there.
- You’ll get to meet other writers – I’ve got some very cool friends I met via my blogs.
- A blog can create a revenue stream.
What would you like to know about making money with a blog? (Yes, there’s a new webinar coming soon and one lucky questioner will win a free ticket – winner drawn from questions posted between now and Friday, March 25. 2011)
Write well and often,
Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:47:03 GMT
Minneapolis E-Commerce | Fort Collins E-Commerce | Navi Mumbai E-Commerce | St George E-Commerce | Atlanta E-Commerce | Walsenburg E-Commerce | Northeast Cobb E-Commerce | McKinney E-Commerce | Anaheim-Santa Ana-Garden Grove E-Commerce | Gilbert E-Commerce |
So, you’ve decided to create a blog post. Or perhaps, you want to publish an article on an Internet magazine. Whatever it is, you will probably want to promote your piece through social media. If what you are writing is going end up online, pay atte
When you host your own professional site or blog, you have several hosting options. Many freelance writers use shared hosting accounts, especially when starting out. While it can be a cost-effective option until you need more resources, there’s anot
People who know me know that I talk to myself a lot. Hey, I was a lonely kid – no wonder I make an excellent conversational partner. Then again, I think one of my favorite cartoon characters summed it up best: “I simply have a penchant for INT
Need Freelance Writer Market? Check out our member profiles:
Get Your Workday Together Workshop Drawing
Do you need to find more time to write? Well, it is possible to find more time in your day by gettin
How Much Time Should I Devote to Freelancing?
Probably one of the questions that I get asked most often is “How much time will I need to spe
Weekend Reading: Spring Cleaning
Happy Spring! Let’s get right into the season by talking about spring cleaning for freelanc
25 ways to blog every day
In Part 1 of this two-part series, I share 25 tips for writing blog posts to make sure you never run
WordPress Bootcamp: Doors Close at Midnight
Registration for LearnWebDevelopment.com’s WordPress Bootcamp is ending soon. The doors close at mid
Freelance Writer Market Articles