9 Top Reasons Why Writers Should Blog + Contest
You know I believe you should have your own website or blog as a self-promotion tool – reason #1 below – but there are some darn good reasons why you might want to create a blog about something else.
- Using blog software you can create a website promoting yourself without a designer and that’s easy to change.
- A blog can bring great discipline to writing – something every successful writer needs
- Blogging can give you a way to talk to the world about things that are important. My WhenGrandMotherSpeaks is a classic example of this.
- You can establish yourself as an expert with a blog – on just about anything.
- Blogs are ideal for writers building a marketing platform.
- Blogs can occasionally lead to book publishing – it’s worked for both Jonathan Fields and for Darren Rowse (ProBlogger.net) and others.
- Clients who want your expertise are likely to find your blog in that niche if you’re there.
- You’ll get to meet other writers – I’ve got some very cool friends I met via my blogs.
- A blog can create a revenue stream.
What would you like to know about making money with a blog? (Yes, there’s a new webinar coming soon and one lucky questioner will win a free ticket – winner drawn from questions posted between now and Friday, March 25. 2011)
Write well and often,
Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:47:03 GMT
Walsenburg E-Commerce | Minneapolis E-Commerce | Anaheim-Santa Ana-Garden Grove E-Commerce | Navi Mumbai E-Commerce | Fort Collins E-Commerce | McKinney E-Commerce | Gilbert E-Commerce | Northeast Cobb E-Commerce | St George E-Commerce | Atlanta E-Commerce |
So, you’ve decided to create a blog post. Or perhaps, you want to publish an article on an Internet magazine. Whatever it is, you will probably want to promote your piece through social media. If what you are writing is going end up online, pay atte
When you host your own professional site or blog, you have several hosting options. Many freelance writers use shared hosting accounts, especially when starting out. While it can be a cost-effective option until you need more resources, there’s anot
People who know me know that I talk to myself a lot. Hey, I was a lonely kid – no wonder I make an excellent conversational partner. Then again, I think one of my favorite cartoon characters summed it up best: “I simply have a penchant for INT
Need Freelance Writer Market? Check out our member profiles:
Social Media Trends Freelancers Shouldn’t Ignore
As a freelancer, what do you need to know about Social media trends? Probably quite a lot. Social me
Book Review: Chicken Soup for the Writer’s Soul
Tweet Writing can be a thankless job. Often, your immediate family doesn’t get it. Even if you
What to Take to a Face-to-Face Meeting
Yesterday, I spent the day out of my office meeting with potential clients. While it took up several
WordPress Bootcamp: Last Chance to Save $200 with Early-bird Pricing
LearnWebDevelopment.com’s WordPress Bootcamp is quickly filling up and early-bird pricing ends tonig
Get the Headstart as a Freelancer That I Never Had
When I started out as a freelancer years ago, I really had no place to turn. I had heard of a few co
Freelance Writer Market Articles