9 Top Reasons Why Writers Should Blog + Contest
You know I believe you should have your own website or blog as a self-promotion tool – reason #1 below – but there are some darn good reasons why you might want to create a blog about something else.
- Using blog software you can create a website promoting yourself without a designer and that’s easy to change.
- A blog can bring great discipline to writing – something every successful writer needs
- Blogging can give you a way to talk to the world about things that are important. My WhenGrandMotherSpeaks is a classic example of this.
- You can establish yourself as an expert with a blog – on just about anything.
- Blogs are ideal for writers building a marketing platform.
- Blogs can occasionally lead to book publishing – it’s worked for both Jonathan Fields and for Darren Rowse (ProBlogger.net) and others.
- Clients who want your expertise are likely to find your blog in that niche if you’re there.
- You’ll get to meet other writers – I’ve got some very cool friends I met via my blogs.
- A blog can create a revenue stream.
What would you like to know about making money with a blog? (Yes, there’s a new webinar coming soon and one lucky questioner will win a free ticket – winner drawn from questions posted between now and Friday, March 25. 2011)
Write well and often,
Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:47:03 GMT
Fort Collins E-Commerce | Navi Mumbai E-Commerce | McKinney E-Commerce | Walsenburg E-Commerce | Gilbert E-Commerce | Minneapolis E-Commerce | Northeast Cobb E-Commerce | Anaheim-Santa Ana-Garden Grove E-Commerce | Atlanta E-Commerce | St George E-Commerce |
So, you’ve decided to create a blog post. Or perhaps, you want to publish an article on an Internet magazine. Whatever it is, you will probably want to promote your piece through social media. If what you are writing is going end up online, pay atte
When you host your own professional site or blog, you have several hosting options. Many freelance writers use shared hosting accounts, especially when starting out. While it can be a cost-effective option until you need more resources, there’s anot
People who know me know that I talk to myself a lot. Hey, I was a lonely kid – no wonder I make an excellent conversational partner. Then again, I think one of my favorite cartoon characters summed it up best: “I simply have a penchant for INT
Need Freelance Writer Market? Check out our member profiles:
Improve Your Listening Skills, Become a Better Freelancer
Have you ever had a communication problem with a client? Of course you have… and you’re
Make $3,500 Per Website Today!
Registration for LearnWebDevelopment.com’s WordPress Bootcamp is ending soon. The doors close at mid
Nominate WordCount as a top 10 blog for writers
If you like this blog, please consider nominating it in Write to Done's annual contest to pick the y
2011 WordCount Blogathon – register now, event starts May 1
The 4th annual WordCount Blogathon invites writers, bloggers to post every day in May. Sign up for t
Freelancers Union: The World’s Largest Invoice
Last month, the Freelancer’s Union launched a neat website – WorldsLongestInvoice.com – which totals
Freelance Writer Market Articles